This is the informal beginning to my personal blog which, in the future, will hopefully be a non-trading oriented space for me to post triangular thoughts. However, in the mean time it will serve merely as a venue for me to post information about the actions and performance of some auto-trading software I wrote for a trading competition. For more info about the competition and a current ranking click here.
The competition will last 8 weeks and began last Tuesday, but my program was nowhere near ready as I just recently started work on it. Today was the first day it actually ran on the competition account, it has been tested on paper trading accounts until now so I am relatively confident it won't go nuts and start shorting Goldman Sachs (GS), but we'll just have to wait and see just what it does. Right now I only have the simplest and easiest of my strategies running on it which I may get more into later, depending on how well I'm doing.
Initial Cash: $100,000
Here were today's trades:
Bought:
200 JCI @ 91.94 <--I'm proud of it's interest in this one
200NCR @ 44.69
Shorted:
400 GENZ @ 67.21 <--glitch in IB's market data, but I think I might get lucky on this one
400 SUF @ 2.79
400 OVTI @ 11.41 <--Happily short here
This strategy is doing just what I wanted it to, longing stocks that I will be happy with when I look at their chart. And shorting stocks that look like train wrecks.
On a side note, the program only ran for the last 1.5 hrs of the day. Hopefully tomorrow it will get most of the day.
Closing liquidation value: $100,144
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment